Monday, January 12, 2009

Romero Canyon

Went out yesterday with AOTC (Arizona Outdoor Travel Club) to do a hike in the Tuscon region. We met at Fry's Electronics at 6:30am and journeyed down to Catalina State Park where we split into two groups. Group A hiked to the Romero Saddle and Group B hiked a fair ways into Romero Canyon. Since it was my first hike back I went with Group B. The day started out with a small emergency. Grace's water had all spilled out in transit. However, myself and others had extra so we filled her up. The hike was beautiful. I put some photos here. I was glad that I did the 10mile hike as my foot was quite sore on the way down. However, it wasn't as bad as it could have been and I was able to walk eight miles today without issue. I am seeing the acupuncturists again tomorrow in hope that I can get to a pain free point.

I tried out the iphone Trails application on the return leg of the hike. It created this map. I am not sure how accurate it is. For sure the speed is out. Also the distance and elevation don't seem to exactly match but it is kind of cool.

Romero canyon

Widget powered by EveryTrail: GPS Geotagging

No comments: