Saturday, April 5, 2008

Do these types of things happen to others?

Plans to return to the US
Last week I went checked into the frequent flier site to try and book a flight back to the US in December. I waited a bit too long and the only one available was after Christmas so I looked around for other options. I found a round the world fare that looked interesting but it didn't work out. I then found a fare with Thai Airways that was okay. The travel agent said that I only needed to put down a deposit but that I needed to pay for the flight within 30 days. I actually had two reservations - one on Dec 19 and one on Dec 23. (My last day of work is Dec 18). The Dec 19 one seemed a bit of a push but I thought that maybe I could swing it. I wanted to check out a bit more as far as shipping my stuff back.

Then on Tuesday (six days later) I get an email saying that I had one day to pay (and decide on which day to travel).  That was a bit of a shock.  I ended up buying the ticket.  I didn't think I could find a better fare.  I am taking the Dec 23rd flight.  I will arrive in the US on Dec 24 at 7pm.  I will book a flight to PHX on Southwest.  Unfortunately, I can't yet get that ticket because Southwest doesn't book that far ahead.

Dog Rescue
I got another dog rescue dog - a small Jack Russell named Molly.  However, I got home on Thursday and she was gone.  I just couldn't figure it out.  Then I realized that part of my back fence was pushed in separating it from another section.  Both dogs must have escaped through there.  I am not sure how the fence was broken - perhaps it was the wind or the neighbors.


Work Clothing disaster
Generally I ride my bike to the gym before school and shower and change at work.  Friday I didn't pack my work skirt by accident and spent a hour trying to round up the school car.  I was walking around in my small and smelly workout clothes.  No one seemed to know where the car was and when it would be back at school.  In the end I borrowed a car and went home and changed.  Not the best start to the day.

More Positive Note
One more week of work and then I have two weeks vacation.  I am heading up to Exmouth for several days in the first week.  I hope to see the whale sharks.  


No comments: