Sunday, March 9, 2008

Coup and Carnival

Attempted Coup or Timewaster?
After basically begging this poor guy to be president of our staff association after the prior year president said "NO more" another teacher stood up and said that we need to follow the constitution and the democratic process. This took up about 15 minutes of an after school meeting. The outcome was that no one wanted to be president and as far as I was concerned we were lucky to get a president at all.

Swim Carnival
Speaking of time wasters this week we had the swim carnival. The entire school goes to the pool (of course only a third show up) and we have a swimming competition. As I had many things to do - timing swim races was not exactly what I wanted to be doing. The school is divided in the five groups. My group (also called a house) is Chapman. The best bit of the day was the teacher relay. Our house competed again the other houses and won. I didn't swim but cheered madly on the side. The other good bit was drinks with the other teachers after school.

Weather
The weather has not been too bad lately. It has been kind of humid but not as hot and it has been cooling off during the night.

Cycle Instead
Monday starts a one month competition of using a bicycle as alternative transport. I have organised a team from work. There are around eight people on it. We are named the School Spokes.

Reading
I just finished a book called Critical Conditions by Stephen White and am starting Kathy Reichs's Bones to Ashes today.

Nike Plus
I bought the Nike plus attachment for my iPod. I am not sure how much I will use it with the Cycle instead competition starting. I have to ride my bike as much as possible. I have used it a bit and like how it works and records the distances that I walk.

No comments: