Sunday, March 16, 2008

A week that could have been better

It is amazing that at work I can have so many positive interactions with staff. One staff member that I worked with this week was just ecstatic about the outcomes we achieved for her students. She even showed the work to the principal. On the other hand I have staff who appear to feel that I have nothing to do all day. I find this ironic as I sit here at work on a Sunday resolving a few issues. All in all I do find this job rewarding. I am trying to be more thick skinned and ignore the negative people. It is easier said than done.

The big thing that happened at work this week was the crippling of our admin server on Friday. The upside of this was that students were hardly impacted. The downside was that staff had issues logging on, logging off and were unable to save anything. It was a frustrating day in that it wasn't a problem generated by school but rather by the central control / support of the school. It wasn't fixed until 4pm.

The weather continutes to be pretty nice - warm but not hot. Working out at the gym is not the sweat soaked nightmare that it was.

Yesterday I watched a couple of water polo finals. One of my staff was playing and coaching. The were generally exciting games and I was a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in ages.

This week is a short week at work because Australia has so many holidays. For Easter we have Good Friday, Easter Monday and Easter Tuesday off work. I am planning on sticking around in town but who knows? That means there are two short work weeks and two regular work weeks and then two weeks of holidays. I am thinking of heading up to the Ningaloo Reef if I can get a ride.

No comments: