Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The summer begins

The summer hiking began with a hike in the Northern Sierras up to Loch Leven. The hike was not well marked and the snow level was quite low. I did make it to the lower and middle lake after a bit of back and forth. Campers at the lake said they didn't make it to the upper lake. I may have tried it but I was short on time. I gave fellow hikers some advice on the way down because they too were having  a hard time following the trail. I passed a couple who had given up completely. 

After this I met up with family and we explored Donner Lake State Park. The next day I drove from Roseville down the Eastern Sierras. It was pretty. 

I hiked the following day up the North Fork of Big Pine Creek. It was beautiful as always. I made it to Lakes 1-5 but eventually lost the trail before Black Lake so returned the same way.   



After that I drove up to Bishop and headed out to North Lake. On the way there was a car with hazard lights. I slowed and the driver got out an motioned for me to stop. She then picked up a snake off the road. It was about four feet long. I think it may have been a gopher snake. Then she got back in the car with the snake. I am not sure what she did with it as she drove. 






No comments: