Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oyster Stacks and another trip to Turquoise Bay

Today we were set to go on the whale shark tour AGAIN but the boat broke down. That was bad luck but it was an absolutely awesome day. We signed up for the next tour and headed out to Oyster Stacks. Oyster Stacks is a rocky beach with several bombies to snorkel. I was so glad to have booties because last time I turned back due to foot pain. High tide was at 8:15 and we didn't get there until 10 so it was a very shallow snorkel but brilliant. After a bit of time here we headed off to Turquoise Bay. There we took a lot of photos because I think it will be our last day there. We also did a snorkel there. I was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time with a turtle. I also found several clownfish.

With a bit of luck we will see the whale sharks tomorrow and then we will head to Shark Bay the next day. A side note - Wendy had decided to pay for another whale shark tour if our boat wasn't going out tomorrow. For those of you who know her that is quite a decision. However, probably not bigger than my decision to buy a new camera in Exmouth after my other one broke down.

For anyone who doesn't know what a whale shark is you can look at my prior experiences with the whale shark here.


I added 18 new pictures to my picture site here.  

No comments: