Monday, July 14, 2008

Plans change

Yesterday morning we did a very early morning snorkel at Turquoise Bay. It would have been earlier if we hadn't had to wait 40 minutes at the Cape Range NP entrance. We had the misfortune of getting there right when it opened and were behind a number of people lined up to get prime camping spots. Both of us were pretty annoyed as we had to be back in Exmouth at 11:45am. We eventually got to Turquoise Bay and although it was quite cold we both went for a snorkel and saw more great stuff. We returned to Exmouth and Wendy went on the Navy Pier Dive. I used that time to call the campground in Karijini National Park. It was completely booked out. We would have been able to get a place in Tom Price but that would mean driving into the Park each day. With our already short time I decided it didn't make sense. When Wendy got off her dive we had a strategy meeting. She was very happy to stay on in Exmouth so that is what we have decided to do. We will be here until Thursday when we leave for Shark Bay. I am going to do the repeat Whale Shark thing on Tuesday. We heard about someone who saw five whale sharks (a mom and some babies). Wow wouldn't that be awesome to see!

This morning I bought a new camera. Today we headed out to Yardie Creek and did a short walk there. Then we went to Sandy Bay for lunch and had a snorkel at Turquoise Bay - our favorite. Today I was really lucky and saw a spotted ray, a clownfish, a turtle and some sharks. I found the sharks under a ledge. When I saw around to have a look I woke one up. It swam away and then the others swam away. It was a white tipped reef shark. It came back awhile later to have a look at me. I was hoping that I didn't piss it off too much.

I have added more photos to the exisiting album here.  Please let me know if you have problems accessing this. 

No comments: