Sunday, July 12, 2015

Herd of bears


After a doozy of a hike yesterday I decided to do something more moderate today. I hiked up the South Shore Trail to Upper Two Medicine Lake. I came across these huckleberries along the way. It is very, very early in the season for these but there has been low rainfall and high temperatures this year and they are maturing early as a result. I ate these three berries. However, it is unlawful to eat them in Canada. I guess they want to leave them for the bears and other wildlife. I continued down the trail looking at every small pond and waterway for moose. None were found sad to say. However, on my way out of the park I came across a herd of large black lifeforms. Jane told me a story about these lifeforms yesterday. Apparently, a tourist came across these same lifeforms on the way to Two Medicine entrance station. Once there she said to the ranger "I just drove by a herd of black bears. I know they were black bears because they were black". Here is a photo of these lifeforms.

No comments: