Wednesday, January 16, 2008

NZ to OZ

Well this morning started pretty early - 4:15AM to be exact. It was supposed to start at 4:10 but I set the alarm for pm instead of am. That is why I use more than one alarm. The second alarm was my phone. It woke me up saying something like "It's 4:15 am wake up". That was a bit confusing at that time in the morning.

I packed up and went downstairs for a quick bit of oatmeal before I left. No such luck. The kitchen was closed until 5am. I called the night clerk to check out and she was not too friendly. There was no way she was going to let me in that kitchen early. Oh well - who needs food?

I took the super shuttle to the airport. There I as in for a big shock. I was over the baggage limit. I then realised that the baggage limit was half what it was coming into NZ. I moved a bit of stuff and left behind a bottle wine that I got as a present for my friend Kate. Sorry Kate but they were going to charge me another $80. That would have been a pretty expensive bottle of wine.

The flights were pretty good and I got an aisle seat on each. There was not much layover time at all. I had three flights. On two of them there was an empty seat next to me. Woo Hoo!

Perth is pretty hot today - 95 degrees I think but it is supposed to cool over the next few days. Yeah!

I am now at the Comfort Hostel in Perth and will take the bus to Gero in the am. I should be able to access the Internet at the library if nothing else until I get something set up at home.

No comments: