Saturday, January 26, 2008

Penguins and sharks visit Geraldton

I have been back a little over a week and have been slowly getting things together. I now have home internet which is great. The weather has been warm but not unduly hot so that is really great. It was supposed to be hot but it never got there.

Interesting animal news here in Gero this week. A King Penguin arrived on a beach north of Geraldton. The penguin was way off course - something like 4000km. It is the farthest north that they have seen this kind of penguin. Unfortunately, the penguin died probably killed by a box.

Then a couple of days ago another penguin ( a little Blue this time) also visited Geraldton. This one was watched over set happily on its way to ensure no fox got it.

Then two tiger sharks - one of the most feared sharks in this area - were spotted at the beach closest to my house. As I was walking by the beach yesterday I saw the patrol boat at the beach looking for them.

Today is Australia Day.

I return to work officially on Tuesday.

No comments: