Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bryce Canyon with Brody

Brody slept like a log and finally I had to wake him to leave for Bryce. It wasn't a long drive but there is a time change and we wanted to do quite a bit there. We arrived at 11:00 and checked in. Then went in the Park. We visited the Visitor Center. Highlights there include a stuffed porcupine and a historic rifle. Following that we drove up to Natural Bridge which is a large stone formation shaped like a bridge.

Afterwards we drove back to Sunrise Point where I whipped up a bit of mac and cheese on the camp stove. It started to rain during this but only drops so we persevered on with lunch. After that we hiked the Queens Garden/ Navajo Loop trail. It is supposed to be one of the top 3 mile hikes in the world or so someone said on the trail. There were lots of amazing hoodoos. Brody enjoyed climbing around on the rocks. We climbed out in a narrow canyon. It was kind of steep and, although he complained of hurting legs, Brody did pretty well. I treated him to a Moon pie at the top. From there we returned to Rubys and moved into our tipi.

From Bryce Canyon with Brody


Next it was off for a swim. After debating whether to swim in the indoor or outdoor pool, Brody decided on the indoor one. Good thing, I think, as it was 50 degrees. He had a great swim. He was disappointed that I didn't go in but seemed to like it when I through him a penny and he could dive for it.

After that he showered and shopped. He found a cowboys and Indians plastic figurine set to buy. He is a born shopper that one.

Tonight we are off to see a presentation on night creatures in the Park if he makes it to 8:30.

1 comment:

rob said...

Your looking happy. Update on me. I am getting married in July in Johannesburg. Will be broadcasting the wedding over the internet over the Internet

Have set up my own private RTO delivering Cert I and Cert II in IT. Have my own training room