Thursday, July 16, 2009

Highline Trail

Yesterday I planned to hike to Cobalt lake and possibly up to Two Medicine Pass. In the parking lot I met three people from Sierra Vista. They invited me to hike with them and it turned out that we were very compatible hikers in terms of speed, etc. We hiked out to Cobalt lake and then decided to head up to Two Medicine Pass. Well, the clouds closed in and we saw alot of clouds and not much else but it was a good day all around. This is a picture of us at Two Medicine Pass.

From Highline Trail


Afterwards I had a Sam Adams Light and some chips with my new hiking friends and we decided to hike the Highline Trail together. In the meantime a friend from an earlier hike turned up and decided to hike with us as well so we were very grizzly safe with five people in our party.

The Highline trail goes from Logan Pass to Granite Chalet. It is 7.6 miles with alot of up and down. We also went up to Grinnell Glacier Overlook. I am not sure how much elevation gain it was but it was very steep.
At the top we saw Salamander glacier and Grinnell glacier. We also had views of Grinnell lake, Lake Josephine and Lake Sherburne. We took a break and a few photos. Then we hiked up above the overlook and got even better views.

From Highline Trail


Check out the best of my full size photos here or view the slide show below




No comments: