Monday, July 6, 2009

Jasper Hikes

I woke early and posted photos and blog write ups. I checked out the trail status and discovered that one of the trails that I was going to hike with Bev and Steve was closed. I decided to go to the Malgine area instead. I popped by Bev and Steve's chalet and let them know that I would be going it on my own.

I headed off to the Malgine area and was dismayed by the very, very slow speed limit - 60 km/h. That is less than 40 mph. On the upside I saw a caribou.

From Hikes from Jasper


The views of Medicine and Malgine lake were nice along the way. I hiked the Bald hill trail, the Moose Loop Trail, Mona Lake and Malgine Canyon. It was not as long as it sounds. I saw some very interesting marmots along the trail. Here is a picture of one that kept sticking his head out at me.

From Hikes from Jasper


I had dinner with Bev and Steve who are heading to BC in the morning. I am heading back down the Icefields Highway stopping and hiking along the way.

Photos here or in the slide show below.

No comments: