Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 2

Well I went to bed early last night and had one of the most restful nights sleep. I guess the asthma is SLOWLY clearing up.

Today I walked into downtown Auckland (not far a mile or two), bought my train/ferry pass and made my bookings for the next week or so on the train ferry. I leave the day after tomorrow for National Park to hopefully do the Tongariro Crossing. The current weather forecast for there is
Cloudy periods and a few showers. Fresh westerlies.
Freezing level around 3000 metres.

I will decide when I get there if I will do it depending on my asthma and the weather.

Today I also checked out the ferry to Rangitito Island. It is a volcanic island. I plan to head there tomorrow at 9:15am. The weather here today was good. I expect it will be a little hotter on the island as it tends to be warmer there. I plan to walk the summit and coast tracks. There should be a few photo op there.

After gathering all the information, I went to Foodtown and did a bit of shopping. From there I walked back up the hill to the backpackers where I am staying. I was glad to note that although there was some coughing. It was not too bad. I really think I am getting better. Yeah!!!

The rest of the day was spent confirming reservations, doing some hand laundry, visiting a French farmers market (overpriced) and resting.

That is all for now.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Glad you are keeping us posted. How was Rangitito Island? Brody keeps asking when you will be on the computer. I think he misses you (just like the rest of us). Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we will miss you. :)