Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ramblings as I wait for the train

It has occurred to me that this asthma/ cold/ allergies things may have an advantage. Last night I was showing Barbara, a German chick, I met on the hike my photos. She was commenting on how bad the smell was on one part of the hike. I hardly smelled anything. I guess that is a bonus.

I also realized that I forgot to mention the funniest thing I saw on the hike. I man pulling a woman up the steepest part using a long white pole (not a hiking pole). This was at the beginning of the walk. I have no idea if she finished.

Last night I went out to dinner and had that good spinach pumpkin burger. Then I asked for desert. This was at 7:30pm or so on Saturday night. The waitress said "No dessert the kitchen is closed. We ran out of food. The food delivery didn't come today". That was kind of funny.

There was a beautiful sunset last night. Check it out here

This morning I woke up to a blue sky day. I went for a hike out to the Mount Taranaki Lookout. The view was pretty good. There were nice views of Mount Ruapehu on the way back.

I am just wasting time until the train comes.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love the red sky. What is the saying? "Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky at mornin' Sailors take warning.

Stay safe,
Erica