Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Haute Route Day 3 and 4 addendum

I think that I overlooked a few things in my blogs for these days. 

Cabane Du Mont Fort
We had the worst service and food here. I think this was because the poor guy was understaffed. Most of the time it was just him doing everything. However it was probably some of the worst pasta I have had. In addition there was no bread or seconds offered. No advice or help about the trail was offered despite poor weather conditions. We were often chastised for asking anything - like a cup of water. I have since bumped into Hank who I met at Col du Forclaz. He had a great experience. The guy made pizza for everyone since Hank can't eat pasta. He was given advice but I am not sure how good it was as Hank almost fell to his death. 

The trail
I think I forgot to mention that we saw several ibex or chamois. I am not sure which. For some reason they didn't seem to want their photo taken so I am not sure any of the photos that I took in my phone will turn out. 

No comments: