Friday, July 1, 2016

Holly Lake (Paintbrush Canyon)


I had hoped to go up Paintbrush Canyon over Paintbrush Divide and down by Lake Solitude into Cascade Canyon.  However, my hopes were dashed by many a park ranger saying that this was too dangerous unless you carry an ice ax and are familiar with self arrest techniques.  ( I had met a couple who had done it and they said it was okay but I decided to err on the side of safety.  I know that if my friend, Scott Crow, read this he will think that a mistake but my friend, Leah Carter, will think that this decision was the right one).

Instead I hiked up to Holly Lake.  Holly Lake was really pretty.  I did hike a bit past it to see the Divide.- a hike left for another day. 

Holly Lake leaves from the Leigh Lake Trailhead.  It is 13 miles long and requires 2600ft of climbing.  

No comments: