Saturday, July 14, 2018

July 13 Lake Chirup

I had another early morning. I walked to the north end of town to meet Irene,another Huayhuash trekker. We took a collectivo to Pitek to hike up to Lake Chirup. It turned out to be a bus of hikers and it waited for us to hike and then brought us back to town. That was great. 

The hike was super steep and included a few cables reminiscent of my Europe adventures over the last couple of summers.  There was a bit of slippery snow and ice on the trail but is was generally ok

We met a few people on the trail and then had lunch with a fun group of people at the lake. We discussed hiking in Europe. (They were Swiss, Austrian, and Dutch). We also discussed food allergies and being a vegetarian. One thing that Inlive about Europe is that they label their menus as to vegetarian items and food allergy items. The Austrian cook did not like this at all. He told us a funny story about an ex who was allergic to everything and how he would put those items in her food to see. She never said anything until she ate the food made by the head chef that had no extras that she claimed allergies too. Then she said that she had a reaction.  

The views all day were amazing and it was a fun day. It was a shorter hike which was good because I am heading back to the hostel to pack. 


Tomorrow I head off to the Huayhuash trek and I don’t think I will have WiFi or cell service in my tent. Catch you again on July 24 

No comments: