Monday, July 9, 2018

Peru Travel


I have packed far more than the last few summers. The main pack isn’t too heavy just very bulky. I also have my day pack and included a lightwieght pack for around town use.  I tried to take a selfie carrying all the gear but failed. I need practice with the  selfie stick. 

Security was so odd. A crazy man giving instruction regarding a sniffer dog. STOP GO DON’T STOP. Later he was yelling about something but I was through. 

I wait here at SFO  for my flight. I got here three hours early as the ticket said to but it is overkill. This is ubdoubtedly because I have a domestic flight first. 

Oh my just realized  that I still need to pay for the rest of my trip and I doubt they take credit cards since they didnt for my deposit.  I asked the flight attendebt where the ATM was and she sent me to another terminal. (On the way back I noticed one right by the gate LOL). It is a Wells Fargo. I decide to use a debit catd that I rarely use because it doesnt charge fees for using other bank atms. It is declined. Oops I fgure out I chose the wrong account type. Then it works but I get a call from the fraud dept. I called the bank to investigate. A phone call in Peru would be costly.  It was because I chose the wrong account but  I found out that my travel notice wasnt in the system. I had put in but I must have missed a step so all of this was a blessing in disguise. I put in my travel notice over the phone and now I am good to go 

I upgraded to premium economy for this first section of my trip. (My other choice was a middle seat). Maybe I will splurge and upgrade on other sections but I have aisle seats for all of those towards the front of the plane so maybe not



I wonder if there is anything else that I have forgotten????

The flight was late but the food wasn’t bad and I had a good seat with tons of legroom 

The hotel I am at may not be fancy but the guy picked me up at the airport, it was a ten minute drive and he is taking me to the bus station in the morning allowing me to get a little sleep. 








No comments: