Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cinema Paradiso

Last night I went to Cinema Paradiso which is a Wanaka icon. The cinema serves food, beer, and wine. Inside are couches and other comfy chairs to sit on. There is also a car you can sit in to watch the movie. There is intermission so you can get more food and drink. I had a fresh baked choc chip cookie still warm from the oven. You might ask what movie I saw [or was it all about the cookies and beer?]. I saw Eastern Promises which is a movie about girls taken from former Soviet countries to work as prostitutes in London. It was a violent but good film.

It is raining again today. I am heading to Queenstown to meet up with Emma, a friend from the Queen Charlotte Track. We may go to Dunedin to see the penguins.

A Milford Track booking for Dec 14 opened up yesterday due to a cancellation. I went to book it this morning but someone else had already snapped it up. There was another opening on Dec 20 so I decided to book it. As I was booking it someone else was also trying. We beat them out so I am walking the Track Dec 20 - 23. Keep your fingures crossed for good weather!

No comments: