Sunday, December 16, 2007

Crazy Weather

I did the big hike yesterday because the weather forecast today was kind of hot - in the 80s. I woke up to blue skies - the first I have seen in awhile. Then it poured rain.

I spent the morning buying a few things that I need for the Milford and Te Anau. I seem to keep losing my soap. I also bought a pot to boil water in. It is kind of a necessity if I want hot food and drink on the trail.

I did an easy walk in the afternoon - the Frankton Walkway. It was good because it rained on my twice (light to moderate) so my rain coat got a workout.

On the way back I stopped at a toilet and I thought that I had seen all the automatic things in a toilet - water, soap, paper towels. This one had a toilet paper dispenser. I took a photo of it so that you could also enjoy it.

Check it and a couple of other photos here.

I am off to Te Anau tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erica said...

We want an automatic butt wiper for Austin. If you see one let us know where we can buy one.

Anonymous said...

I thought he already had one? Its called "MOMMY!!! Help!!!"