Thursday, December 6, 2007

Jet Lag or Idiocy

I called to make my train booking to go down to Christchurch. They said that it was expired. I said I had only done three out of seven days that it couldn't be expired. Somehow I missed the fact that the pass was good for seven consecutive days only. I booked this in Auckland the day after I arrived so I guess that somehow I missed this because
  • I was sick
  • I was jet lagged
  • The seller didn't mention it
  • All of the above
Apparently I can apply for a refund. I tried to call today and only got a recorded message. This would be a good time to have a cell phone. I will keep trying. I have decided to change my plans and head south along the west coast. I am off to Greymouth and then on to Fox Glacier. I plan to stay a couple days there and do something on the glacier and perhaps hike up to Welcome Flat thermal springs.

No comments: