Saturday, December 15, 2007

Return to Queenstown

I took the bus back to Queenstown without problem. I have decided that I like Atomic Shuttles the best of the the bus companies that I have been using. Too bad they don't go to Te Anau. I will have to use a different service to get there.

I met up with Emma and watched her do the Canyon Swing, which is jumping off a platform and then swinging over a canyon. It was fun to watch her and the others jump.

When we returned to Queenstown we at dinner at Fergburger. I had a falafel burger with a chili sauce. It was quite good. We went out for a couple of drinks and bumped into another mutual friend Matilda and a couple of other girls. We listened to a few bands and had a few drinks [and tried to get an ice cream but it was closed at 11:30 - go figure] before calling it a night. Emma is heading up to Christchurch and then back to the North Island before heading out to South Africa so we said goodbye. Matilda is heading down to Te Anau which is the direction that I am headed so we might meet up for a hike there and/ or a beer.

Today I am going to finalize my travel plans for the next week or so. I am worried that the holiday season may make bookings tighter. Then I am going to hike up to the Ben Lomond Saddle and maybe peak if I feel really ambitious. I think that I will stay in Queenstown today and tomorrow and then head down to Te Anau.

No comments: