Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 10 Rainy Hike to Tuxer Joch Haus

I was glad to have wet weather gear today. It rained on and off all day. I began walking and soon realized that my location did not match the gpx track. I walked back and asked a fellow on the trail. I dont think he understood what I was asking or just dodnt know the answer. I continued walking back and bumped into Rudy. He was following a different track. I went with him. It was a slighly differnet track than I had but it got us where we needed to be. The trail was muddy and slippery but we made the first pass - Geierjoch. There were unfortunately no views. We could barely see Junssee Lake. From there we descended and then ascended a scree field. Unfortunately we got off the trail a bit. It was a bit sketchy being off trail in slippery muddy scree. However me managed to scramble back up to the trail and eventually reached the second pass of the day. It was called Gschutzspizsattel. Unfortunately there were no views there either. We walkes down a muddy and slippery slope into the Weitental Valley. With that we left the Tux alps and entered the Zillertal alps. There were apparently many waterfalls surrounding us but we didnt see any until we reached a huge one at the valley bottom. It was really pretty. We were taking photos of it when about 25 people showed up. It must have been some type of tour. I realized at this point that my spot tracker hadnt been turned on all day

Then it was uphill again to to another pass and our hut. We decided to take the road as the trails were very wet and our shoes squishy with water

I wasn't at the hut 15 min when Volker and Frank showed up. They had lost their way and took the ski lift up.

The hut has some type of shoe/boot warming system that I hope dries my shoes before tomorrow. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. Its a big day but the weather doesn't look great.

Distance 12 km
Elevation up 1140 m. (3700ft)
Elevation down 870m (2800 ft)


Photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWVPkrI

This is is my track for the last seven days
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZqguMWq0nIVvMudyEDQOcLFQgoN7hGXc

No comments: