Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 25 Descent to Tarzo

I woke early hoping to take a sunrise photo of the plains and the Adriatic and maybe even Venice. However the hut was shrouded in cloud so it didn't happen. I delayed a bit but it wasn't clearing anytime soon.
I walked down the road to a trail that traveled over very green hills and several mini summits. Along the way I met a man putting his cattle out to pasture. Even though I don't speak Italian and he didn't speak English we had somewhat of a conversation. I found put that all the land around was his. His dog's name was Lady. Two of his cattle (which were all white) had foot problems so they stayes in the barn. He also offerred me a cup of coffee which I thought was really nice.
From there I traveled over a few more green hills with old stone fences and then down to another refuge. It was supposed to have lots of war memorabilia but it didnt have much. It did have a huge crazy looking boar head. The day before I noticed up turned ground like an animal had been routing around in it. I am guessing that was done by wild pigs. The hut sold strudel for only 2.50 € and I had some. It had a big sign saying the water wasn't potable so I filtered some water. Sometimes I wonder if they put up those signs to make you buy water.
From there the trail traveled through forest for quite a ways. It dumped out just above the village of Revine. There was a really big church structure called a sanctuary there. It was built on the site of a former castle. Part of the church was used as an infirmiry for plague victims.

I walked through Revine which had many old stone buildings and the up a small hill opposite. I followed trails and road to Tarzo. I was on the lookout for my hotel but overshot it. Realizing my mistake I trudged back up to it sweating like crazy. I must not have looked that great when I walked in because the nice reception man gave me a soda water without even asking me anything.
The hotel http://albergoaipini.it/en/albergo/ntury i s quite old. In some places it says 17th and in others it says 18th century. It is very majestic and overlooks a vineyards. It is more expensive that what I have been spending but I think it is a good price for the type of hotel that it is. The people who work there are super nice as well. They let me put my washes clothes on their drying rack and are willing to put my breakfast out early for me. It was very hot today and I will be starting very early from now on to beat as much heat as possible.

Distance:18 km (11 miles)
Elevation up: 130m (400ft)
Elevation diwn 1670m (5500ft)

Photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWVPkrI

This is is my track for the last seven days
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZqguMWq0nIVvMudyEDQOcLFQgoN7hGXc

No comments: