Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 9 Hike to Lizumer Hut

Today's hike was along an incredible ridge in the Tux Mountains. We summited six peaks on a variety of trail types. At times we were scrambling over boulders. At other times it was normal trail. Then there were several cable assisted areas. The views were phenomenal. I walked with Frank, Volker and Lisbeth to make sure that we all made if safely over the crest. I saw another marmot today. There doesn't seem to be as much wildlife here compares to the US
After the six peaks we weren't done. We hiked through a military training area to the hut. There seemed to be quite a bit of helicopeter activity. There was also some type of troup training exercise
The people running the Luzimer hut were pretty funny. They kept joking about the hot tub in the rooms. I washed my clothes and put them on the clothes line. Of course it then started pouring. Luckily they had a heated drying room and my clothes did dry by the next day. Just before dinner they sais go outside and see the pigs. By the time I got there they were gone. One of the hut workers said something like "soon they will be speck (bacon)"
Dinner was good- more spinat nudel. I hit the sack early. Feeling tired.
Distance 15km (9 miles)
Elevation up 750m. (2475ft)
Rlevation down 1330m. (4400ft)

Photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWVPkrI

No comments: