Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Travels to Europe

My first flight was from Oakland to Salt Lake City. Funny seems like I was just there. LOL. I was reading my guide book as I am planning on heading out rigjt away and I wanted to be sure that I had some sense of what to do. The guy sitting next to me struck up conversation about it. Turns out that he is from Innsbruck and has hiked some if the trails that I will be hiking. We had a bit of a chat. He had never heard of the hike but his buddy who was from the area had heard of it. That flight was slighly delayed but I made my connection no problem. .

The next flight was the big one from SLC to Amsterdam. I had upgraded to comfort which gives a bit more room. In addition there were a number of empty seats in that area. I started out with an empty seat next to me and then took over three empty seats in the middle. I waited quite awhile before I did this and when no one else jumped on it I did. I got a moderate amout of sleep on the 9 hour flight. I also watched a great movie called the Zookeepers Wife bases on a true story during WWII.

I arrived at Amsterdam a little while ago. I do have cell service but I had been led astray on International calling. I do not have an unlimited plan overseas. I seemed to have signed up for a unlimited calling plan from the US to overseas. Here it will cost me 20 cents per min unless I use wifi calling. Anyway. I realized the error when I got a text and contacted I mobile via their app and now I am on the right track. I still think they are a good deal but I wish there is an unlimited overseas plan. I wont be answering any calls. You will need to text me or message me or email me. Technology is great and that wasnt sarcastic.

My third flight is delayed but that is giving me a moment to breath, drink a diet coke and write this.

More later









No comments: