Monday, July 17, 2017

Day 13 Travel to Pfunders

The weather finally cleared today. There were two large metal containers of milk outside the Gasthof. They must have been delivered in the night.

I hiked up to Gilderschartl Pass in clear, cool conditions. It was very beautiful. There were two amazing glaciers that were visible near the pass. From the pass I walked down to an amazing glacial lake called Grindlberger. It had clear water and was surround by the greenest grass or moss on one side.
I continued down a green grasssy valley. The views were amazing. I could see the Dolomites in the distance. I will be climbing them before this trip is over.
I came upon a small establishment called Obere Engbergalm. They were supposed to sell drinks but they didn't seem to have much besides beer and milk. The milk was in large metal containers sitting is cold running water to keep them cool. There were pigs and ducks onsite.
After an unsucesful attempt to get a drink I continued down and down. The water coming off the mountains cascaded over rocks in small and large waterfalls. The rain has made the middle mountains very green and lovely.
For awhike I walked on an old road that is only used as a hiking trail now. It was built right into the side of the mountain.
I am staying the night at Gasthof Brugger. I am happy to say that it has a great shower. The shower last night never got hot and had zero water pressure.
Distance: 20 km (12 miles)
Elevation up 1200m (almost 4000ft)
Elevation down 1550m (about 5000ft)
Photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWVPkrI
This is is my track for the last seven days
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZqguMWq0nIVvMudyEDQOcLFQgoN7hGXc

No comments: