Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day 20 Big up to Rifugio Tissi

Despite organizing an early breakfast, I thought that I would go without. We went to the hotel at 8:30ish last night to pay and get my breakfast but they basically told us to get lost and come back at 10pm. Since my plan was to wake at 5am that didn't work well for me. Also I knew that it wasn't going to be quick. It never seems to be quick at this hotel. I decided to give my share of the cost to Vanessa and Mike and not worry about breakfast. They said we could settle at the next hut and I went to bed.

As I left I found my breakfast hanging on the door. That was a good start to the day. I felt great going up the mountain. It was cool and I made good time it seems like in no time I was at Rifugio Coldai. Along the way I saw a large group of sheep and goats being herded by a shepard and dog. There were some very tiny lambs that kept getting left behind. The shepard would pick then up and give them a boost in the right direction. It was all very cute.

I had a quick snack and hiked over the pass to Coldai Lake. I took a ton of photos. Then I went over another pass and hiked below the towering vertical cliffs of the Civetta group.



Then there was one steep climb up to Rifugio Tissi which sits almost on top of a little peak. About 50 people were descending as I ascended. It was quite busy. Just after I arrived lots more people arrived. I figure that must be related to the start of the Gondola.

The hut is located just across from a vertical wall of the Civetta. However the room is the most cramped room that I have had.

I washed up in the sink and walked up to the peak behind the refuge. It has a beautiful view if both the Civetta and north to Lake Alleghe and the mountains I came from.

Distance:14km (8 miles)
Elevation up: 1760 m (5800ft)
Elevation down: 350m (1,150ft)


Photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWVPkrI

This is is my track for the last seven days
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZqguMWq0nIVvMudyEDQOcLFQgoN7hGXc

No comments: