Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Dream Way Summer Adventure - Stay Tuned

I have been a pretty poor blogger this summer and have only been posting my photos on Facebook.  Why? I could blame it on the two week professional development course that I took in early June.  However that was only part of it, I was spending time with some very dear friends (I don't want to call them old as they may take that personally but we have been friends for over 20 years).  Moving as much as I have in my life I think that sometimes I overlook these relationships.   It was really wonderful to be with people who I know well and know me well.   They let me stay with them while I hiked to try and get ready for  one of the most beautiful treks through the Alps and Dolomites.

I am off for this adventure on Sunday.  I will be walking from Munich to Venice on the "Dream Way or Path" otherwise known as the Traumpfad.   It will be the longest of this type of trip that I have done.  It is 550km long.  I will let you do the math to figure out how many miles that is.

I will be using my Spot along the way to track my trip.  The unfortunate thing is in only tracks the last seven days.  When I get back I can import all the tracks into one large file and I plan on doing that.  If you want to see where I have been for the last seven days you can check out this map.   It only has one point on it now.  That was for a test that I did to ensure it was working.  I may do the same tomorrow when I am out doing a hike.

FYI I will have my phone and I have data and phone service for Europe thanks to T Mobile who is not sponsoring this trip but maybe I should hit them up for future trips.

Here are a couple of resources about the trip in case you are bored this summer
http://2israelisoverthealps.com/indexden.html
http://www.johnhayeswalks.com/2014/09/munich-to-venice-dream-way-review.html





No comments: